Monday, August 26, 2013

Taking it one day at a time

It's been a while since I posted and that is because I started school again last week. I'm taking 3 classes right now and working full time, so life is a bit hectic. The plus side (ha I just wrote plus size and had to correct myself, guess you can tell what's on my mind) the plus side is I have spoken with my doctor about getting off the med I'm currently on. So, I'm weening off one and onto another that will hopefully not have weight gain as a side effect. Fingers crossed!

I have made it to crossfit twice last week and today. This is a milestone for me since my sleep patterns are a problem and often times my meds make me too groggy to wake up at 5 am, but I've managed to get up and go! While my foot is still bothering me (I start PT in 2 weeks) I am modifying wods to focus on upper body movements, substituting rowing for running, and generally not pushing myself if my foot hurts.

Getting back into it has been amazing and I love the community of supportive coaches and athletes at Crosssfit Oakland. I couldn't ask for a better box.

With crossfit has come more attention to healthy eating and I'm working on getting back into eating more and more paleo. Dinner tonight is wild salmon, zucchini fritters and baby potatoes for the hubby.

Overall I'm feeling positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment