Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Explaining Gluten Free and an Update to My Granola

So, today I was asked by my lovely employee at work for help on moving towards a gluten-free lifestyle.

I was super excited and it reminded me of some of the funny gifs over at  What Should We Call Paleo Life. If you have not checked out this website. Go. NOW. I will wait.

OK now that you have laughed from all those amazing paleo gifs back to the story. Helping someone move towards gluten-free....

She has terrible sinus issues and a relative mentioned to her that going gluten-free might help. Huzzah!! Yes, yes it will. I will be bringing in Diane Sanfilippo's book Practical Paleo for her to get a jump start.

Here were my two sentences of advice:

1) Don't eat anything that comes in a package, but if you have to...
2) READ the labels

I also let her know that eating gluten-free doesn't have to be super expensive, but that it often is more time consuming because you are forced to cook real food rather than buying pre-packaged food.

I also sent her to the Food Lover's website because they have amazing recipes for someone who is just getting into the whole eating gluten-free life.

I am really excited to see how this goes for her.

Oh - and a minor tweak to my Granola post from the other day. I mixed honey and maple syrup together and baked it for 20 minutes total checking it and turning it every 5 minutes. It came out with a much crunchier texture. Yum!!



No comments:

Post a Comment