Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday Morning Reflections

I am frustrated. Yup. This weight gain has been unbearable. I wore a dress yesterday and did not wear shorts underneath. I officially experienced severe chub rub. For all you skinny people out here that is when your thighs rub together and chafe. It is not fun. It is painful and eventually results in one walking like a bull rider.

I am conflicted. I know that this weight gain was not my fault. It was an unfortunate side effect of medication that I need in order to be healthy. Yet, it made me unhealthy. There is little I can do to take the pounds off because they were not gained by over eating. They were gained due to a chemically induced change to my metabolism. So, what do I do? I can't go off my meds because the results of an unmedicated, bipolar Melissa are not good for those around me and I'd really like to stay married! It has been suggested that I look into a drug called qsymia,which alters one's metabolism.

So here I am taking one drug and another and another. I feel like a walking pharmacy, but worse I feel hopeless and uncomfortable in my own skin. I am embarrassed by the way I look and unsure of what to do next, but something has to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment