Monday, August 19, 2013

Crazy with a side of chicken

So, it wasn't the gluten it was apparently a stomach bug, but the good thing is my brain now associates pizza with feeling crappy. It's kinda like when I was a kid and drank a ton of orange soda at a Super Bowl party and ended up with the flu later that night. I could never drink orange soda again. So, huzzah!

Anyway, I spent last week catching up from being sick and I started school again Saturday. Hence the crazy. I have a new mantra though - find creativity and joy in everyday. Today's joy and creativity came in trying to make the food lover's general tao's chicken. I discovered that arrowroot powder and flour are likely not the same thing. My batter turned into a weird hard, yet wet looking mass that could easily have been used as a paperweight or perhaps clay for kids' art projects. So, I dumped the batter and started over using coconut flour and from here I pretty much changed a bunch of the recipe. I ultimately ended up with very tasty orange chicken. I am now working on perfecting he recipe. Woot for kitchen fails turning into new recipe development.

No comments:

Post a Comment